At Essex Tyre Company we offer a complete recharge service for your vehicles air conditioning/climate control system.
Before we recharge the system, we carry out the following checks.
- A visual inspection of the system.
- A check of the systems compressor.
- A pressure and temperature check.
From this process we can determine if the system needs recharging, or if further investigation is required.
Recharging the system is carried out as follows.
- Automatic removal of any remaining refrigerant, air and other impurities.
- The system is then vaccumed to -14 psi.
- Automatic replenishment of any compressor oil removed in the recovery process.
- Filling the system with the required amount of refrigerant for make and model of vehicle.
- Carrying out the same checks as above, to ensure the system is operating efficiently.
- Price from £60-00 to £70-00.
Do you know how air conditioning works?
Air conditioning, is the romoval of heat from the passenger compartment of your vehicle. This is achieved by the evaporator absorbing this heat. The heat is then carried by the refrigerant, via the pressurised system, run by the compressor, to the condenser at the front of the vehicle, where it is released into the atmosphere.
This process is not new. In actual fact the ancient Egyptians used this method to keep buildings cool. They would bring in stone blocks in the morning, that had cooled overnight, to absorb the day time heat. They would then take the blocks outside at night, to release the heat into the atmosphere, before returning the cooled blocks back in the morning. Crude but effective.
For any advice on air conditioning, give one of our experts a call. Or call in and see us, we are happy to help.